BREAKING NEWS: PA State Police Open Investigation Into WASD Handling of Myrtle Beach Baseball Incident

By: Todd Bartley, Managing Member, Talk Williamsport

Talk Williamsport has confirmed with multiple sources that the Pennsylvania State Police have opened an investigation into the handling of the Myrtle Beach Baseball incident by the Williamsport Area School District.

As exclusively reported by Talk Williamsport, Head Williamsport High School Principal Brandon Pardoe and Willie Weber, current Chief Detective of Lycoming County handled the criminal and non-criminal investigations into an incident WASD Solicitor Fred Holland characterized in an exclusive report done by Talk Williamsport, August 24, 2018; “Near the end of the school year, an incident involving indecent and inappropriate behavior on the part of a baseball player during the team’s (2018) spring trip.”

Weber directly reports to current and retiring Lycoming County District Attorney Ken Osokow.

Sources have also confirmed that the ongoing Pennsylvania State Police investigation is based on the published reports by Talk Williamsport.

Talk Williamsport also previously reported that local criminal defense attorney George Lepley was engaged in ongoing dialogue during the criminal and non-criminal investigations being conducted at the time by Pardoe and Weber. Lepley has also been a long standing coach in the West End Babe Ruth Baseball program where another allegation has been made about an incident during an overnight West End trip in the summer of 2018.

Talk Williamsport has also begun an investigation into that allegation.

On June 4, 2018, WASD Solicitor Fred Holland submitted an invoice to the WASD for services rendered of 0.80 hours and noted a telephone conference occurred on May 31, 2018.

The telephone conference was referred to as “Investigation”, and included Head Williamsport High School Principal Brandon Pardoe (who was on the trip to Myrtle Beach), Local Criminal Defense Attorney George Lepley, who Talk Williamsport has also confirmed was in Myrtle Beach for the Millionaires Baseball Team Trip and Holland who again referred to the call as “pending investigations”.

Holland submitted a second invoice on July 3, 2018 for a meeting that he attended on June 5, 2018 in regard to a VM (later identified by WASD as voicemail). The WASD has also stated that the voicemail record no longer exists.

Attending the June 5, 2018 meeting were Holland, Lepley and Pardoe and it lasted for 1.8 hours which is the billing total Holland submitted to the WASD.

South Carolina law enforcement retains jurisdiction of the incident in question that was captured on video and then shared on social media platforms.

Stay tuned to Talk Williamsport and for developments in this Breaking News story.